Until our horses find permanent homes, temporary foster homes can be next best thing. Finding good foster homes frees up space, time and funds to allow KF to intervene and acquire another horse at risk. It is also a good way to get to know a horse intimately, in the event you are thinking about a more permanent relationship.
Ensuring that our horses are safe and well cared for is a priority. If you are interested in fostering, we ask that you :
- Have appropriate knowledge, experience and a safe stabling and let out facility for the horse.
- Provide references from a vet and farrier, and/or other sources.
- Have liability insurance.
- Are financially able and willing to provide ongoing farrier, vet and other medical care.
- Market the horse for sale to the best of your ability and ensure that any buyer meets the same requirements set out for you as a foster home. (sample sales contract available). KF would of course be involved in this process.
If you can provide a good, temporary home for a horse until a permanent one is found, we’d love to hear from you and will gladly discuss these and other requirements. E-mail : email@example.com